Clinique has long been a high-street beauty staple; effective and affordable, their products are generally unperfumed, making them perfect for any skin type, including my dry, flaky face!
Needless to say, it’s my go-to when it comes to skincare. A quick overview of my favourite products:
- The three-step morning and evening (or, like me, when you remember) starts with the facial soap (£16.50). Customisable to your skin type, the soap cleanses the day/sleep from your face, preparing your skin for the clarifying lotion (£16.50). This sweeps away oil and gently exfoliates the skin, before finishing off with the extremely popular new formula moisturiser (£30). Although all of the products together can become a bit pricey for a student budget, they last forever and have never caused me any breakouts, redness or itching.
- Foaming cleanser (£17). You may ask why I have this when I already have the 3-step system above. The answer is that it’s just so addictive! The foaminess on your skin is so smooth, followed by literally squeaky clean skin (no, seriously). Perfect for after a long day of work or breathing in pollution (or just to get you out of bed).
- Hand cream (£18). Both my job and degree require a lot of manual tasks, hand washing and exposure to chemicals, and my hands get dry and cracked so easily. This hand cream is perfect as it’s not oily, greasy or perfumed- it just does the job keeping my hands supple.
- All about eyes (£26.50). Eye puffs, darkness, fine lines; we’ve all woken up feeling worse for wear but having that one lecture that we really need to go to because the lecturer doesn’t ReCap, or a work shift we can’t get cover for because all your mates are equally hungover. Enter All About Eyes. The tiniest pinch gives your eyes (and throbbing head) a new lease of life. An absolute must.
- Take the day off (£17). Lightweight formula, easy to use. In true Clinique style, this won’t irritate your skin or dry it out, and has been sanctioned by ophthalmologists for use in and around the eyes (so even when you’re blind drunk and trying to take your makeup off, it doesn’t matter if you’re a bit sloppy with the solution). Perhaps my least favourite as because my skin is so dry, I didn’t like the slightly silky, oily after-effect. However I found it did help keep me moisturised throughout the night.
Are you a Clinique fan? What’s your favourite skincare product? Let me know in the comments!